Friday, February 3, 2012

Grace

I want to believe that there is grace for all people, and even on my darkest days, I still think there is. I think there is grace for liars, for thieves, for adulterers, and for murderers of all kinds. Grace for even me. Because even though those things are wrong, in my heart of hearts I believe that forgiveness can be found for the most wicked of us all.

People want to tell their stories. I think that we all could do a better job of listening. There is certainly a place to speak the truth in love, but let us not forget that one of the biggest elements of truth is the story of the Cross, where vile sinners can plunge themselves beneath the blood poured out and find themselves washed whiter than snow. As people share their stories, let's really hear them. And then let's share the greatest story ever told.

I don't know much these days, but I do know that arrogance never won any souls for Christ. May my life and my words be marked by humility.

2 comments:

  1. A branch of humility is, in my opinion, honesty. Your honesty is a reflection of your earnest desire for grace and strengthening. I love you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, it takes grace to be honest. Thank you for being honest, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete