Sunday, December 6, 2009

This and That

It's been a good week. Honestly, I don't have a ton to report, but there are a few things worth noting.

There is a chance that Andrew might be able to go to Peru with me over Spring Break. Randomly at work last week, Andrew's boss handed out three extra days of vacation, which means that he would have just enough days to take a week off by the time Spring Break arrives. Working out the logistics is really the only issue- Andrew needs to talk to his team leader to make sure he can leave during that time, and he'll need to find a different plane ticket because he'd have to leave a day later than the rest of us. We're praying for God's will, but we would both be so thankful if this works out.

I'll be subbing kindergarten this week and next week. Prayers are appreciated.

This is my last week of college. I really haven't had time to process this. It's going to be a busy week with finals, and it's so strange to think that at the end of all of it, I'll be completely finished with school for awhile. I'm thankful for the time I've had here- for the education I've gotten and for the friends I've made. I'm also thankful for RUF and UFC. God has been so good.

This weekend, we did several fun things. On Friday, we went to the annual RUF Barn Dance. I don't think Andrew is particularly crazy about square dancing, but we both enjoyed ourselves and ate some delicious chili. Later that evening, my old roommates spent the night, while Andrew stayed with Tim. I love living with Andrew, but I was really blessed to have some amazing roommates for the last two years. It was just like old times. On Saturday, UFC had a Christmas Dinner at church. The fellowship and food were both great. Afterward, we took a trip out to Chickasha with several other couples to look at the lights there. The lights were pretty impressive. We were all saying how we wished that Christmas lights could be put up other times of year, though, because it was chilly! Today, we just had church. I also ran 12 miles. Training for my marathon is already starting to get boring, but physically, I'm feeling ok. Andrew is such a sweetheart and usually meets me about halfway through with water, Gatorade, and much-needed encouragement.

I guess that's about it for now.

In Christ alone,
Mary Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment