Saturday, September 18, 2010

Thought on School [4]

So, I'm not sure if all of this entry could really be considered "thoughts on school," but here goes my random collection of the thoughts that seem to run through my mind and get all smashed together these days...

It's been another crazy week at Roosevelt Elementary.  I am trying to think of a time in my life when I have ever been more tired, and I can't think of one.  This morning, I woke up at 9:30, and it was absolutely glorious.  I have been trying to go to bed early during the week, but my mind never stops thinking about school, so I often lay in bed wide awake despite the fact that my body is exhausted.  The weather is still too hot to go for a run right after school, so if I want to get my workout in for the day, I wake up at 5:00.  Usually by the time I am leaving school (a couple of hours after the kids have gone home), I am out of energy and patience.  Poor Andrew. 

Aside from being constantly tired and having about 6,000 things to do, I suppose one could say that things are going fairly well at school.  Having my own classroom has made a HUGE difference, and sometimes the kids are hilarious.  I find myself trying to stifle laughter sometimes when I should be telling the children "that's not how we act at school." 

Andrew is loving his new job.  I got to go see his office last night, and it is beautiful.  It seems like a much more relaxed environment than PayCom was, and I think he will be happy here.  He is also loving seminary.  Hearing him come home and talk about everything he is learning makes me wish that I was able to take seminary classes.  Andrew is very busy, too.  Sometimes I feel like we hardly see each other or know what is going on in each others' lives despite the fact that we live in the same house.   

Our friends, Adam and Erica, stayed with us last weekend because they are now living in Fort Worth.  It was fun to have them here.  This weekend, we are doing nothing!  Saturdays of waking up whenever we want, making pancakes, and watching college football are rare around here, and we are more thankful for them now than we ever have been.  Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE gamedays here in Norman?  The whole town just comes alive.  That will be one of the things I miss most when we move someday down the road.

Last Sunday, Tim (my brother) got in a terrible car accident in which he hydroplaned off the road, flipped his car, and broke out both windshields.  He walked away with a cut on his toe.  I was reminded of 1. how wonderful God is to take care of his people and 2. how thankful I am for my brother.

We have a mole living in our front yard.  It is funny but actually quite annoying because we keep finding random piles of dirt everywhere.  I also made these things to go in our "Sooner" guest room.  Neither of those things are very interesting notes to end on, but I think I am finished blogging for today.

In Christ alone,
Mary Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys!! Praying for you.....prayers for energy that never ceases, restorative rest, quality time with each other, and lots of Vitamin G (God) for daily replenishment in Christ!!

    ReplyDelete