Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thoughts on School [2]

I think I could love my job. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but probably soon. 

This week for the first time, I have not felt like I am drowning.  I wouldn't say that I hated going to work before, but the feeling of never getting a chance to breathe did not exactly make me like what I was doing.  Thankfully, I got the support I needed in the addition of a new teacher's aide- my friend, Amanda Willis.  Having an extra person in the room makes everyone's day so much more manageable and enjoyable.  My students are charming, and actually getting to spend some time with them this week has changed my whole perspective on my job!  Oh, I still come every day and am ready to crash basically as soon as dinner is over.  It's exhausting to chase kids around all day and try to calm them when they are having meltdowns, but this week I have actually been happy that I took this job instead of just grateful to have a job.

One unfortunate thing I have noticed is that my work has made me extremely forgetful of anything not related to work.  Normally, I am very organized (too organized, maybe), but I have so much on my mind with school that I haven't left room for organization elsewhere I guess.  I forgot a friend's birthday this week.  :-(  I also forgot to buy insurance.  I woke up yesterday and realized that I hadn't had health insurance for over a week!  I meant to buy it awhile ago and then never thought about it until yesterday.  God is very gracious, and thankfully nothing happened!  I also forgot that we were getting cable for football season installed today.  I turned on the TV when I got home and could not figure out how we got so many channels. 

Now, off to my parents' house for the four day weekend!  Happy Labor Day, everyone!

In Christ alone,
Mary Rachel

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I am sure you are doing wonderful and things will only get better and better! So glad that Amanda was able to come to the rescue:)

    ReplyDelete