Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Dream/Nightmare

Several of you have already heard this story, but it's just too funny not to share.  And since my husband refuses to be a "guest blogger" on this blog that I originally created for both of us, you'll just have to imagine that he is the one writing (because this is actually his dream).

We are getting so impatient for a baby that we are often consumed by thoughts of when we will get to bring him or her home.  Every day when we wake up, we both think, "Maybe today is the day that we will get the phone call!"  Clearly, our subconscious is consumed by these thoughts, too.

The Dream:

We adopted a grown man.  

Not only was he a grown man, but he was nearly twice as old as us; he was in his forties.

When Andrew met our "child," Andrew looked at him, perplexed, and said, "Uhh, I thought we were supposed to get a newborn..."

To which the man replied, "Oh, but I am a newborn!"

Maybe that isn't very funny to anyone else, but it's hilarious to me.  I'm still chuckling just typing about it.

1 comment: