Monday, January 25, 2010

Ivory





This is my new Casio CDP 100. It has 88, fully weighted, glorious ivory keys and the sound of a grand piano. To say that this is the most exciting purchase I have made in a long time would be an understatement. Since moving to Norman in 2006, I have had very few opportunities to play the piano. The dorms and the little apartments I have inhabited have not exactly been conducive to musicianship. To be honest, our current home is a little small for the new addition to our living room, but it is a sacrifice I am willing to make for the present. My skill level is nowhere near what it used to be, but I am hoping that my fingers will catch up to my mind in no time. The best thing about my Casio CDP 100? It is a $700 digital piano that I got for $350 dollars. Thank you, Guitar Center. Thank you, everyone who gave me graduation money (even though I told you not to).

How is student teaching, you might ask? I couldn't be happier. I have a classroom full of 9 beautiful middle schoolers, five of whom have Downs Syndrome. The classroom teacher is so kind and helpful. She lets me use all of her resources, which is extremely useful because I started making all of the lesson plans and teaching this week. I love my "job" and am becoming more convinced every day that this is exactly where God wants me to be.

In Christ alone,
Mary Rachel

2 comments: