Saturday, January 23, 2010

Recently, I have been reminded of my love for writing. My high school journal was full of poems and short stories, and even this past summer, I began again to fill the pages of my journal with thoughts and imaginings as they would come. The busyness of everyday life often prevents me from having the time I would like to sit down and pick up a pen. In fact, the only writing I've really done lately has been in this blog. I have pondered the idea of one day returning to school for a Professional Writing degree. This would not be any time soon, but I do like the idea of it. I feel certain that I could never make a career out of writing. Only the best of the best do that. Besides, I am going into a profession that I love even more than writing. But it would be nice to write on the side. The problem is, I fear that my writings may just be mediocre. It's hard to be look honestly at your own work. People may tell you that you are really talented, but are you really? Maybe they are just being nice. When it comes down to it, the only opinions that matter anyway are those of the editor if you want to get something published. But whether I ever get anything published or not, I'd like to put my pen to the page more often. And so, at risk of my own embarrassment, I may start posting more of my writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment