Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Andrew

While I was at student teaching this morning, I got one of those phone calls you always dread getting. Andrew had had a seizure at work. Andrew hasn't had a seizure in over 20 years. He was immediately taken to the hospital, where I found him. He broke a bone around his eye and also broke his nose, but thankfully he has been responsive and hasn't lost his goofy sense of humor.

The doctors don't know what happened. The CT scan showed that he does NOT have swelling or any tumor on his brain, which is definitely good news. However, these things usually do not happen for no reason, so they are keeping him in the hospital overnight to monitor him and run more tests in the morning.

It would be a lie to say that I am fine. I am worried and kind of feel like I got hit by a bus today. But, I am trying to rest in the knowledge that this was no surprise to God. One thing that has encouraged me throughout this is the outpouring of love we have received from so many friends and family members. Thank you, everyone. Please keep praying.

1 comment:

  1. Hey MR, I just heard about Andrew tonight. I'm so sorry, but so glad that he is okay and you are okay. I'm praying for you guys and hoping things are better in the morning!

    ReplyDelete