Sunday, September 30, 2012

Every storm runs out of rain.

It rained ALL. WEEKEND. LONG. 

I was supposed to run 16 miles as part of my marathon training this weekend, and the original plan was to do that early Saturday morning.  Nope.  Already raining with 100% chance of more showers through the remainder of the morning.  So, I made plans to run that afternoon.

Nope.  Still raining.  Despite the fact that the meteorologists kept saying that the storm was on its way out, the rain hadn't let up this morning (Sunday).  I just decided to run in the rain, and it's a good thing I did because it is now 4:30 p.m. and the sun JUST poked its head out, almost 48 hours later.

"Hey, the sun came out!" I heard Andrew comment from the living room.  As much to myself as to him, I said, "Yeah, it always does."

I can't get enough of this new Gary Allen song that has been coming on the country radio station lately.  "Every storm runs out of rain," the song says.  Sure enough, it does.  Even in places like Seattle, the sun comes out, and everything looks a little greener and healthier because of the storm. 

It feels like it has been raining in my life for a long time.  I'm having surgery this week, and I'm scared.  We'll know the results right away, and although we got some really bad news a few weeks ago, I'm not sure that the worst has come.  But at the same time, I know that it won't rain forever.  Every storm runs out of rain.

2 comments:

  1. You're sooooo right. And whenever we go without rain, the plants are droopy and brown; watering with the sprinkler or hose just doesn't perk them up like God's rain. God sends rain and sunshine -- both to help us grow. We love you, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song, too.
    And I love you.
    Will be praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete