Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pain

I forgot to include one thing on my last post but have been thinking about it all day. At church this morning, there was an older man (about 70?) sitting in a wheelchair in the back row. His wheelchair was handmade- the seat part was made out of a plastic lawnchair with the legs cut off, and the wheels were made of old bicycle tires. We walked into the church building just before the service began, and I noticed the pastor crouching down, talking to this man. As I looked further at the situation, I saw that the man was crying. Not just a couple of tears streaming down his face, but heartwrenching sobs. He was not making any noise, but his whole body was shaking. I do not know what was wrong or what kinds of things were going through this man's head, but I cannot get him out of my mind and I cannot stop thinking about the pain these people must face every day. I'm sure it's like nothing we could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment